Thursday, March 24, 2011

March Happy Thoughts


1. Well of course I would have to list my fun vacation, can I please go back???

2. Motherhood:

I love being a mom.  That is all there is to it.   Most of the time I wonder if I am doing the best job possible... but don't all moms feel that way? One of the biggest things I would like to work on is being present when I am with her.  It is so easy to get caught up in house work, bills, etc, etc. and it is easy to forget what I should be focusing on a bit more... her. I love being a mom.

3. My new wind shield: Ok, I am actually forcing myself to make this a happy thought because in all reality it makes me very angry.  So last month I was driving down I-15, minding my own business when out of no where with no warning, WHAM.  I hate semi's.  I got a ginormous crack in my wind shield. The adorable voice from the back seat says, "Mommy, look! A spider" (giggling as she points to the windshield). Several minutes later a large crack continued to grow farther and father down the windshield. Of course this month my car was due for safety and emissions to renew my registration.  Ahhh... but look on the bright side, I have a new windshield! Yippy...

Actually the REAL happiness here is that my car passed emissions thanks to my fabulous mechanic of a father! Poor Gertrude (as I call her) seams to act up every March, but thanks to my dad, a new windshield, and a new oxygen sensor Gertrude has another year with me.

4. Happy Birthday to ME!
On March 12th I officially turned 26 years old

5. White chili recipe: Several years ago my visiting teacher made this wonderful soup for me and I have been addicted ever since.  Good old Charmaine, I will forever be in her debt!

WHITE CHILI
1 lb chicken breasts cubed
1 med onion chopped
1 1/2 t garlic powder
1T vegetable oil
2 cans (15.5 oz) Great northern beans
1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
1t salt
1t ground cumin
1t dried oregano
1/2 t pepper
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup whipping cream

In a large sauce pan saute chicken, onion, and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add beans, broth, chilies, and seasonings, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 30min. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and whipping cream.  Serve immediately.

I love this recipe.  I always make extra because this is one dish where I actually like to eat the leftovers! Personally I like to add more broth and cumin than the recipe calls for.  It is easy to make and yet delicious! But it probably isn't the healthiest  ;-)

6. Baby Beyonce:



7. Wicked:
If I ever wake up one morning with incredible talent, I would like to play Elphaba.  Until then, I can dream.

8. My personal hair dresser:


Kensie loves to play with my hair. She likes to pretend I am Rapunzel. So cute.  She even took these pictures, she was VERY proud of herself.

9. One of my good friends from high school got married this month.  Congrats Kathryn!
It was a lot of fun seeing old friends
10.  
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."
Proverbs 2: 5-6

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!! The tenth one is my favorite by far. I am learning that lesson more and more as the years go by. I kept on thinking while reading the post, on how amazing you are! I wish we lived closer so we could get to know one another better:-/ Hope your weekend is fabulous:-)

    ReplyDelete