Saturday, November 19, 2011

I Survived Surgery!

Well, I haven't blogged for awhile so I owe you some updates!

First we shall start with my surgery.  My knee has been bothering me for about 8 months or so and I thought it was an old injury acting up from when I hurt my MCL back in 2004.  Well, at the end of October I went to visit Dr. Cooley, an orthopedic doctor that specializes in knees at TOSH. To make a long story short I discovered that it was not my MCL but that Dr. Cooley believed that I had torn my medial meniscus. He said that there was a small percentage that it could be something else but I would still need surgery.  SOOO, as you already know by now I had surgery yesterday and I could not have asked for a better outcome!!  My meniscus was NOT  torn and my MCL and all my cartilage looks healthy.  The actual problem was I had scar tissue built up around my knee (which Dr. Cooley had said there was a 10% chance that this could be the problem).  So because of this, surgery was in fact needed and they just went through and did a debridement of all this extra tissue that had built up that was causing all my discomfort and pain.


Now I am just recovering.  I have a dressing and ace wrap that extends from my foot to mid thigh that needs to stay on through out Monday.  I can be weight bearing but need to take it easy so they sent me home with crutches.  I have awesome pain medication that makes me kind of loopy and tired. So if my blog posts over the next couple of days don't make sense, I blame the meds :-) .   Right now I am trying to obey orders to stay off my leg for a couple of days and rest.  Besides that I am doing well. 

BEFORE


AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment